Potato Noodles with Pulled Pork
Chef Jason Morse demonstrates and new and exciting way to prepare potatoes. These delicious potato noodles are gluten-free and versatile enough to be substituted into all of your favorite noodle recipes! Here, Chef Jason tops them with pulled pork, slaw and barbecue sauce for a tasty dish!
(Serves 4-6 people)
Potatoes, Colorado Russet
4 Ea Use Large Sized Potatoes
1 Tbsp All Purpose Seasoning (Or adjust seasoning profile to match the toppings below)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
PREP TIME: 15 minutes COOKING TIME: 15 – 20 Minutes
1. Wash the potatoes and allow to dry
2. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and lightly spray a cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray.
3. Using your Spiralizer or spiral cutter, insert the linguine or fine blade.
4. Affix the spiral slicer onto the counter and carefully turn the potatoes into “potato noodles.”
Tip from the Chef: Be sure to work somewhat quickly to prevent the potatoes from oxidizing.
5. Place the noodles in a bowl, using a pair of kitchen shears cut the noodles into 2-3” strips.
6. Next drizzle the olive oil into the bowl and over the potatoes. Mix well.
7. Add all purpose seasoning (or your choice of seasoning) and mix well.
8. Next, layout potato noodles onto the lightly sprayed cookie sheet and arrange in a thin layer.
9. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until the potato noodles are about 50/50 blend of crispy and soft.
10. Remove from the oven, and using gloves, arrange the potato noodles into 4-6 nest like piles.
11. Top with one of the topping ideas listed below.
|Pulled Pork||Pulled BBQ Pork, Shredded Cabbage, Slaw Dressing and BBQ Sauce|
|New Mexico||Roasted Chilies, Green Chili, Cotija Cheese, Mexican Crema and Cilantro|
|Mexican||Shredded Chicken, Red or Green Enchilada Sauce, Cotija Cheese, Roasted Peppers and Onions|
|Italian||Grilled Chicken, Marinara Sauce, Sauteed Peppers and Onions, Parmesan Cheese and Provolone Cheese|
|Chili||Red Chili or Green Chili, Cheese, Sour Cream and Green Onions|
|Ramen||Grilled Chicken, Sauteed Vegetables, Sauteed Mushrooms, Broth/Stock and Poached Egg|
|Breakfast||Eggs, Cheese, Bacon or Sausage, Tomatoes and Parsley|
Have more topping ideas? Send them to [email protected]for us to see!