Cheesy Mashed Potato Puffs
Left over mashed potatoes? Try making these crispy, creamy, cheesy mashed potato puffs for a quick breakfast, side dish or appetizer.
Yields: 12 to 24 Puffs
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 35 min
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated cheese such as Parmesan or Gruyere, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/4 cup diced cooked bacon or ham, optional
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Sour cream, to serve, optional
- Heat the oven to 400°F and lightly grease the cups of a mini-muffin tin.
- Whisk together the mashed potatoes, eggs, 3/4 cup of the cheese, the chives, and ham. Season, if necessary, with salt and pepper. The seasoning will depend on how seasoned your mashed potatoes were to begin with. Mound a spoonful of the mixture in each muffin cup. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1/4 cup of grated cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the potato cups are set, browned on top, and hot through.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes in the pan, then use a spoon or knife to gently release them from the pan. Serve immediately with dollops of sour cream, if desired.
Vitamin C: 3%