Colorado Potato Green Chile
You have never had green chile like this in your life!
- 3 medium Colorado russet variety potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/12
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Diced or chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can Green chiles, seeded, cut in thin strips
- 1 tablespoon Minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon Diced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
Place potato cubes in cold water; cook over medium heat until crisp tender. Drain tomato preserving juice. In heavy saucepan brown butter over medium-high heat. Add green chile strips, Garlic and jalapeno pepper. Cook until most of the moisture has evaporated; drain. Add drained tomatoes; cook 2 minutes more. Stir flour in tomato mixture. Stir in broth, reserved tomato juice lime juice, black pepper, salt, white pepper Worcestershire and sugar. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbling. Drain potatoes; add to soup along with cilantro. Simmer 5 – 10 minutes. Makes 6 servings. Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 185, Protein 3.5 g, Carbohydrates 23 g, Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 21 mg, Sodium 1022 mg.