FIESTA POTATO SMASHERS
Yukon gold and red smashed potatoes with sweet peppers, cilantro and a hint of chili powder.
- 5 small Yukon gold potatoes and 5 small red potatoes or potato type of your choice (try russets, white or fingerlings)
- 1 pint sweet mini peppers (red, orange and yellow)
- 8 sprigs cilantro, picked from stems
- 4 tablespoons fat-free sour cream or fat-free Greek yogurt (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Salt, chili powder and freshly ground pepper to taste
• Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe covered dish.
• Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes.
• While potatoes are cooking, cut mini peppers into small 1/4-inch slices. Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat to medium. Add peppers and sauté until they start to brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
• Remove potatoes from microwave and, using a layer of paper towels to cover each potato, smash them on a cutting board until 1 3/4-inch thick. Helpful tip: Use the side of a coffee cup or flat cooking utensil to smash the potatoes.
• Spray sauté pan with cooking spray, heat on high and add smashed potatoes. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until potatoes start to brown.
• On a plate, place potatoes and layer with sour cream or yogurt (optional), peppers and cilantro. Dust with salt, chili powder and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Cal: 50 Chol: 0mg Sodium: 350mg
Fat: 0g Vitamin C 70% Potassium: 293mg
Carb: 11g Fiber: 1g Protein: