Fresh Herb & Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes – Rachael Flatt
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, (peeled, if desired) and cut into 2-inch chunks
- Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 – 4 ounce log of goat cheese, at room temperature
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as chives, parsley, tarragon, basil and thyme
1. In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water, season generously with salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to moderately high and boil the potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well, then return the potatoes to the saucepan.
2. Meanwhile, in a small glass bowl, melt the butter in the milk in a microwave oven, about 1 minute. Add the goat cheese log and stir to blend. Pour the milk-goat cheese mixture over the potatoes. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until desired smoothness (we like them chunky). Season with salt and pepper, stir in chopped fresh herbs and serve.