Grilled Salad Nicoise – Rachael Flatt
A good training meal for Rachael…
- ½ pound small white boiling potatoes (fingerlings are great for this), washed and quartered (do not remove the skins)
- ½ pound small red boiling potatoes, washed and quartered (do not remove the skins)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons each minced dill, Italian parsley, basil
- 4 1-inch tuna steaks (about 2 pounds)
- Olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- ½ pound fresh haricots verts (French green beans), remove the stems, blanched
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled, cut into quarters long ways
- ¼ pound pitted black olives
- 8 ounces arugula
1. Place the potatoes into a large pot of boiling water and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through. Drain in a colander and place in a medium bowl. Combine the vinegar, wine, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk in olive oil. Pour over the potatoes until moistened. Side aside remaining vinaigrette. Add green onions, dill, parsley, and season to taste. Set aside until other ingredients are prepared.
2. Prepare the grill. Brush the tuna with olive oil, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Grill over very hot grill for about 2 minutes per side.
3. Arrange all the ingredients on a platter, and drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the fish and vegetables. Serves 4-6.