Mediterranean Grilled Vegetables Tagine – Health.com
- 1 small red onion
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, quartered
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 3/4 cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Cut red onion into 4 wedges, leaving root end intact. Place red onion, bell peppers, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon oil in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal bag; toss well to coat.
Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic; saute 1 minute. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup water, olives, raisins, black pepper, tomatoes, and potatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
Remove bell peppers and red onion from bag, discarding marinade; place on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 10 minutes, turning frequently.
Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Serve tomato mixture over couscous. Top with grilled bell peppers and red onions; sprinkle with pine nuts.