Pan Fried Fingerling Potatoes with Wild Mushroom Sauce – USPB
This dressed up fingerling potato dish featuring a rich Wild Mushroom Sauce will impress any guest. One large skillet and a stove top are the only tools you need to make this dish. Just the smell of it cooking will make guests’ mouths water!
If requiring a gluten-free recipe, check the label of the indicated (*) recipe ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes (any shape, size and color), halved lengthwise
- 2 cups sliced mixed wild mushrooms (such as small portabella, crimini or shitake)*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth*
- 1/4 cup chopped dried mixed wild mushrooms (1/2 of a 1-oz. package)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche or heavy cream
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh thyme
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. (Tenting with foil will speed up cooking.) Stir in fresh mushrooms, garlic and shallot; cook for 10 minutes more. Add broth, dried mushrooms, mustard and herbs; cook over high heat for 5 minutes or until most of the broth has cooked off. Stir in crème fraiche and cook for 5 minutes more. Season with pepper and fresh thyme.
* Available in most grocery retailers’ produce section
Cal: 160 Chol: 30mg Sodium: 160mg
Fat: 9g Vitamin C 40% Potassium: 464mg
Carb: Fiber: 2g Protein: 3g