Parmesan Mashed Potato Patties – Rachael Flatt
What to do with all those Thanksgiving leftovers
By Rachael Flatt, United States Olympic figure skater
If you hosted a Thanksgiving feast this year, it is more than likely you still have leftovers that
are in need of a makeover. It’s easy to get sick of the same meal over and over again, so I like to
come up with the most creative way to use Thanksgiving leftovers. Whether its adding an ethnic
flare or flavoring with different spices, sometimes it is just easier to combine your favorite
ingredients into a bowl and throw it in the oven.
It is easy to forget how quickly calories can add up on Thanksgiving, so it’s best to be resourceful
with your leftovers and create some healthier alternatives with what you already have. Leftover
potatoes are the perfect ingredient to modify for next day snacks that are filling and unique.
These no hassle Parmesan mashed potato patties are so yummy, you can feel like your still
indulging without having to worry about your expanding waistline.
- 2 2/3 cups cold mashed Colorado Potatoes
- 2 large eggs (will use egg whites only)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 427 degrees F. Spray baking sheet.
2. Fill a small bowl with egg whites, whisk well.
3. Fill another bowl with the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and mix well.
4. Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop out mashed potatoes and form into flat patties.
5. Brush patties with egg whites then dip in breadcrumb mixture.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until bottoms of patties are golden brown. Flip and cook for an
additional 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.