Spinach and Artichoke Heart Two Potato Casserole – USPB
The leaves are starting to change, the sun is setting earlier and the holiday season is just a few weeks away – and that means comfort foods are back in! Try this hearty casserole recipe for dinner and enjoy leftovers for breakfast the next day.
- 1 lb. red potatoes
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth or stock
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 oz. Neufchatel (1/3-less fat) cream cheese
- 4 oz. fat-free cream cheese or 1/2 cup shredded fat-free Cheddar cheese
- 1 (7.5-oz.) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (6-oz.) bag baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
Preheat oven to 425°F and coat a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Place cut side down on a board and slice very thinly. Place in a large bowl and set aside. Heat broth, Parmesan, garlic salt, cheeses and artichoke hearts in a medium saucepan until cheeses are melted. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted. Stir mixture into potatoes with green onions, mixing well to coat potatoes as evenly as possible. Spread in prepared dish and bake for 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil and reduce temperature to 375°F; cook for 1 hour more or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Makes 8 servings.
Quick Tip: To shave an hour off the cook time, boil potatoes for 5 minutes or until tender, then drain well. Prepare as directed above then bake at 425°F for 30 minutes.
Cal: 180 Chol: 15mg Sodium: 510mg
Fat: 5g Vitamin C 45% Potassium: 314mg
Carb: 25 g Fiber: 3g Protein: 9g