Here is an award winning traditional potato salad recipe you’re sure to enjoy.
- 6 medium white or yellow potatoes, about 2½ to 3 pounds, quartered
- 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2-3 large celery stalks, diced
- 6 green onions, diced
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1½ cups mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1½ teaspoons celery seed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- optional – paprika for decoration
- Bring potatoes to a boil in large pot of cold water that’s been liberally salted. Reduce the heat to medium high or a lightly rolling boil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a paring knife. Drain and let cool until just able to handle.
- Peel the skins from the potatoes and cut into large diced pieces. Transfer the warm potatoes to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with the white vinegar and stir. Allow the potatoes to cool, about 20 minutes. Add the celery and green onions. Chop 4 of the hard boiled eggs and add to the potato mixture.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, celery seed and sea salt and pepper. Mix well into the potato mixture and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Slice the last egg into thin slices and place the slices on top of the salad. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Chill for at least 1 hour or overnight before serving.