Colorado Potato & Green Chile Tacos Recipe in San Luis Valley, CO
Chef Kevin Clarke
DIRECTOR, COLORADO MOUNTAIN COLLEGE APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
- 2 Tbs. Vegetable oil
- 1½ Pounds Colorado potatoes – washed and small diced – you can leave the peels on.
- Use a combination of red and yellow varieties.
- 4 oz. Fire Roasted Green Chile – peeled and diced.
- 4 oz. Spanish/Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Tbs. Garlic, minced
- 2 Cups Swiss Chard, chiffonade (cut into ribbons about ¼ in wide)
- 1 Cup Corn, off-the-cob
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock, low salt
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 12 Ea Corn Tortillas – warmed
- ½ Cup Cotija Cheese
Pre-heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat on the stove. Add the oil, potatoes, chiles, onions, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until onions are clear. Add the vegetable stock, cover and simmer over low heat until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. (About 20-30 minutes). When the potatoes are tender, add the Chard and the corn, cover and continue cooking for about 5 more minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Go light on the salt if using the Cotija cheese). While the potatoes are cooking, heat the tortillas using a comal or a dry cast iron skillet. Place approx. 3 oz. of filling in each tortilla & garish with the cheese. Buen Provecho!