Recipe by: Comfort of Cooking
These scrumptious salt and vinegar smashed potatoes will be a huge hit at your next gathering.
- 2 lbs. mixed petite potatoes
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 60min
- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine potatoes, 1 cup vinegar, and 1 Tablespoon kosher salt in a medium saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover by 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and return potatoes to saucepan. Add butter and gently toss to coat.
- Transfer potatoes to prepared baking sheet, spreading them out in a single layer.
- Using a heavy mug or glass, smash each potato to about ½ inch thickness. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and turn over each with a spatula.
- Drizzle with olive oil and continue baking for 20 minutes more.
- Once baked, sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons vinegar, chopped chives, and additional salt and pepper. Serve hot. Enjoy!