Chicken with Potatoes and Artichokes – USPB
Introducing another delicious and nutritious, crowd-pleasing chicken and potato duet! Potatoes average 25 cents per serving, making them one of the best values in the produce department – proof that healthful choices and economical eating go hand-in-hand.
If requiring a gluten-free recipe, check the label of the indicated (*) recipe ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
- 3 small red or white potatoes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2 inch pieces, about 1/3 pound
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth*
- 4 pitted oil cured black olives, each cut in half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
Parboil potatoes in salted water until tender; set aside. When cool, cut into 1 -inch pieces. (You may want to double the potatoes for use in another recipe.) Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over high heat. Add chicken pieces and brown well on all sides. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. To oil remaining in the pan add onion and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes. Return chicken to onions in pan, add artichoke hearts, garlic, and stock. Bring to a simmer, cover pan and cook over low heat until chicken and artichokes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Add potatoes and olives and heat through. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Cal: 645 Chol: 100mg Sodium: 878mg
Fat: 35g Vitamin C 33mg Potassium:
Carb: Fiber: 4g Protein: 34g