Chocolate Covered Peppermint Patties – Eileen Ford
These cool peppermint patties are made with mashed potatoes!
- 1Cup mashed potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tblspn melted butter
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 8 Cups confectioners’ sugar
- 8 (1 oz) squares semisweet chocolate
- 2 Tbs shortening
1. In large bowl, mix together the potatoes, salt, butter, and peppermint extract. Gradually mix in confectioners’ sugar; mix in enough to make workable dough, between 6-8 cups.
2. Knead slightly, and roll into cherry-size balls. Flatten balls to form patties. Arrange on sheets of wax paper, and allow to dry overnight.
3. Place chocolate and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl; Heat in microwave, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Dip patties in melted chocolate, and let cool on wax paper.
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Ready In: 8 hours 50 Minutes