Colorado Potato and Beer Cheese Soup – Todd Warnke
2012 San Luis Valley Potato Festival- Professional Chef Cook-Off Recipe!
- 16oz Marco’s Chili Con Queso
- 16 oz Chicken Broth
- 2 Large Colorado Potatoes – Diced
- 1 Onion – ¼ slices
- 2 bottles Alamosa Amber Craft Beer
- 4 oz Shredded queso fresco cheese
- ¼ bunch fresh cilantro chopped
1. Place the diced potato in chicken broth cook until tender.
2. Drain and hold stock, deglaze with beer
3. Sauté diced onions in another pan until soft and deglaze with beer.
4. Combine drained Colorado potatoes and onions.
5. Add chili con queso and let cook down to desired consistency with addition of stock.
6. Season to taste and serve garnished with carmelized beer onions, cilantro and queso fresco cheese.