Colorado Potato and Lobster Pancakes – Chef Mike Pizzutto
Serve as entrée or appetizer.
Substitute cooked diced shrimp or large flakes of smoked salmon rather than lobster!
- 6 – 8oz Medium russet potatoes
- ¼ Cup Lobster tails, cooked ¼ cup, diced ¼”
- 1 Tbsp Asiago cheese, coarse shredded
- 6 Eggs, medium (1 egg/potato)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (1 Tbsp/pancake)
1. Peel, wash & coarse shred potatoes. Rise, drain thoroughly, cover and refrigerate until step 5.
2. Simmer lobster in lightly salted water only until firm and shell turns red, cool remove meat from shell, trim, dice.
3. Grate cheese.
4. Combine grated cheese with egg.
5. Potatoes, lobster, egg & cilantro; form into equal portions as if making traditional potato pancakes.
6. Over medium heat in non-stick pan cook potato without disturbing until it holds shape and is golden brown, turn once until fully cooked.
Sauce: use commercially prepated 16 oz. “Crema Mexicana” or Alfredo sauce. Increase flavor by adding 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning, 1 tsp lemon juice, pepper to taste. Blend thoroughly. When ready to serve, spoon onto heated plate ¼ cup sauce, arrange lobster over center, garnish with small amount of diced lobster.