Creamy Potato and Vegetable Casserole
This satisfying side dish adds excitement to simply cooked meat or seafood.
- 1 medium Russet, white or yellow-flesh potato or 4 small red potatoes
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 1 can (14 ounces) Diced tomatoes and chilies
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3/4 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese
Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Place potatoes and broccoli in microwave-safe dish.
In bowl, stir together tomatoes, soup, milk and Cajun seasoning. Pour over potatoes and broccoli. Sprinkle with cheese.
Cover tightly with lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 20 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on your microwave) or until potatoes are done. Let sit for two minutes. Use oven mitts or tongs to remove from microwave. Remove plastic wrap carefully to prevent burns from steam.