Easy Potato Soup – Linda Archuleta
2012 San Luis Valley Potato Festival – Downtown Taste Tour 2nd Place Winner!
- 5 Tbl Butter
- 1 1/2 C Onions, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano, crushed
- 4 C Chicken Broth
- 2 C Potatoes, diced
- 7 Green Chilies, diced
- 1 tsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 C Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
Melt Butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and oregano; cook for 10 minutes. Add chicken broth, potatoes; bring to a boil. Cook for 20 minutes or unter potatoes are tender. Add green chilies, cream and cheese. Heat until cheese is melted. Season with salt and black ground pepper to taste. Garnish with cilantro.