Potato Risotto – John Brayton
Another potato recipe from the 2013 Colorado Potato Festival’s Professional Chef Cook-Off.
- Enough to coat pan Oil
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped into 1/8-inch cubes
- 2 large or medium potatoes, chopped into 1/8-inch cubes
- 1 pint (16 oz) stock (chicken, vegetable, beef, fish or personal preference)
- 2 oz heavy cream
- Personal preference Parmesan Cheese
- Personal preference salt and pepper, as well as any other seasonings
- Personal preference any fresh herbs, like chives
1. Coat pan with oil
2. Cook onions until translucent
3. Add potatoes
4. Add 1/3 of the stock and boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add another 1/3 of the stock and boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add the remainder of stock and seasonings boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Add heavy cream and parmesan. Boil for 5-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are done.
8. Season to taste and add fresh herbs. Boil for 2 minutes.
9. Let stand for 2 minutes.
10. Serve and enjoy!