Purple Potato Salad with Beets and Arugula – USPB
Welcome the first day of spring tomorrow with Purple Potato Salad with Beets and Arugula. Perfect for serving as a light lunch or as a side on your dinner menu, this salad is simple to make and adds beautiful color to your plate!
- 2 pounds purple potatoes, peeled and halved or quartered
- 1 cup cooked, peeled and diced red beets
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 2 cups lightly packed baby arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled good quality Parmesan cheese*
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Place potatoes in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Steam for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Let cool then cut into bite-size pieces. Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl and toss with potatoes, beets and onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper; cover and chill for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Just before serving lightly toss arugula with potatoes. Sprinkle with walnuts and Parmesan.
Calories: 270 Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 190mg Vitamin C: 0.5mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 7g Potassium: 143mg