Purple Potato Roses Recipes in San Luis Valley, CO
- 24 Colorado purple potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
Prep Time: 15min | Cook Time: 42min
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 12-cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Wash purple potatoes and cut into very thin slices (short ways, so you have roundish pieces as opposed to long oval pieces). Place potato slices to a large microwave-safe bowl. Add oil and seasonings. Toss with hands to coat. Microwave potatoes for 2 minutes. Let cool.
- On a cutting board or clean counter, place 15 slices in a row, making sure the slices overlap and are placed close together. (In other words, place one slice down, then the next on top of that one, but ¼” to the right.) Starting from the left, roll the line of potato slices up like a sleeping bag and quickly place in a cup of your prepared mini-muffin pan. Repeat with remaining slices until you have created 12 potato roses and placed in prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until browned on the edges but not too dark. Let cool slightly and serve with fresh parsley on the side for garnish.