Quick and Healthy Baked Potato Pizzas Recipe in Monte Vista, CO
The flavor of a pizza on a baked potato. Doesn’t get any better than this!
- 4 (5-to 6-oz.) Russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons healthy buttery spread
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic or seasoned salt
- Snipped fresh chives or green onion tops (optional)
- 16 slices turkey pepperoni
- 1/4 cup warm pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
- 1 Tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sliced green onion
- Cut a wedge out of each potato about 1/8-inch wide and 1-inch deep and place in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH, uncovered, for 10 to12 minutes depending on strength of microwave. Use oven mitts to remove dish from microwave.
- Carefully make a slit in the top of each potato and fluff with a fork. Stir 1 Tablespoon yogurt, 1 teaspoon buttery spread and 1/8 teaspoon salt into each potato; sprinkle with chives if desired. Place 16 slices turkey pepperoni on a plate and microwave on HIGH for 45 to 60 seconds to crisp.
- Top each seasoned potato with pasta sauce, cheese, green pepper and green onion. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes to melt cheese, then, top with coarsely crumbled pepperoni slices