Colorado Potato Cakes
- 1lb Colorado Potatoes
- 4 ea eggs, divided
- ½ cup Cheddar & Monterey Jack cheese blend, shredded
- ½ cup cup Green Chiles, roasted, seeded, chopped
- 2tsp. Roasted garlic seasoning blend
- 2 cups Corn flake crumbs
- 6Tbs Southwest dressing
1. Peel, dice, and cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain and mash the potatoes.
2. While potatoes are cooking, combine in mixing bowl: 2 egg yokes, cheese, chilies, and seasoning blend.
3. Add mashed potatoes to cheese and chilies mixture and mix well.
4. Portion mixture and roll into balls.
5. In a separate bowl, add 2 eggs and beat until smooth to create an egg wash.
6. Dip potato balls in egg wash and then bread with corn flake crumbs, flatten to form cakes.
7. To cook: fry in skillet with 1/4 inch of hot vegetable oil until brown on both sides.