Colorado Potato Hash/Featruing: The Russet Potato – Jason K. Morse
This is a great that can be made using some common on hand ingredients. A very good way to use up those extra baked potatoes, or to create a simple side dish to go with a nice Grilled Steak or Chicken dish. Use this recipe as a guideline, it has flexibility to use other varieties of potatoes, or other ingredients can be added to make your own signature side dish. The applewood bacon gives it a nice Smokey flavor, and helps pull the dish together. You can substitute any cheese for the Blue Cheese, we find teh creaminess of the blue cheese gives it that final touch. Enjoy!
- 6 slices Applewood Bacon, diced medium
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- 1 Fresh garlic clove, minced
- 3 Colorado Russet Potatoes cooked, diced medium
- ¼ cup Blue cheese, smoked or domestic, crumbled, as garnish
- 2 Tbsp Italian Parsley,chopped fine, as garnish
1. Dice the potatoes into medium sized cubes and hold
2. Heat a large sauté pan, add the diced bacon to the pan and cook/render until lightly golden in color
3. Add the sliced red onion and cook until soft
4. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes
5. Add the potatoes and sauté until hot
6. Season as needed with the Steak Shake
7. Remove from the sauté pan and garnish with the Blue Cheese and Parsley.
8. Suggested Serving: Cast Iron cooked Flat Iron Steak