Potato and Egg Dinner Bake – Potatoes Goodness Unearthed
Breakfast for dinner is one of our favorite things. Just whip together this veggie filled potato-and-egg casserole and pop it in the oven. In 45 minutes you?ll have a nutritious and delicious dinner that?s easy on the budget?just $1.62 per serving.
- 3/4 pound red potatoes, cut into 1/2- inch cubes
- 1/2 cup each: chopped red bell pepper and zucchini
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups coarsely shredded 2% or regular sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 11 X 7-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread potatoes, pepper, zucchini, green onions and cheddar cheese into prepared pan. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, baking powder and garlic salt. Stir in cottage cheese and pour into prepared dish; stir lightly. Bake for 45 minutes or until eggs are puffed, golden brown and set in the center.
Cal: 310 Chol: 315mg Sodium: 800mg
Fat: 14g Vitamin C 60% Potassium: 379mg
Carb: Fiber: 2g Protein: 23g