Stuffed Potato Skins Frittata – Foodista.com
- 5 medium thick slices of bacon, cubed (half inch)
- 5 baby red potatoes, diced (half inch)
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons scallions, sliced (green stems only)
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). In a 10 inch ovenproof non-stick skillet over medium-high heat begin to cook the bacon. Brown the bacon for 3-4 minutes until crispy. Remove bacon from apn and place on a plate lined with a paper towel.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the dices potatoes. Cook the potatoes 7 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Crach the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk gently for 15 seconds so that the yolks break. Continue to whisk and pour in milk. Once the milk and egg is combined thoroughly, add the sour cream. Whisk together until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cheese, scallions and chives to the egg mixture and fold in to combine.
4. Remove potatos from the pan and place on the plate with the bacon. Drain bacon fat from the pan and wipe clean if there are any burnt pieces. Place the pan over medium-low heat and melt the butter.
5. Once the butter is melted, add the bacon and potatoes. Cook 1 minute and make sure they are evenly distributed on the bottom of the pan. Pour in egg mixture. Let cook for 2 minutes. Once the bottom begins to set, put the edge fo the side in front of you up and tilt the pan towards you allowing the egg mixture to fill in the gap. Let cook another 5 minutes until sides are firm and middle is slightly set. Place pan in oven and let cook for 10 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the oven and run a knife around the edges, releasing the frittata from the pan. Place on a serving plate either by removing with two spatulas or placing plate over the skillet and turning over.
7. Garnish with extra chives and serve with sour cream.