Potato Facts and Figures
We’ve compiled a variety of useful resources to answer your questions about potato nutrition, potato varieties, growing practices and more. Explore the links below to become a full-fledged potato expert!
- If you’re looking for the latest on potato nutrition, go to USPB 2015 Potato Nutrition Handbook
- For information on Colorado water and sustainable growing practices, check this link Rio Grande Headwaters Magazine or Colorado Foundation For Water Education
- For current marketing rules and regulations, see the Colorado State Potato Marketing Order
- For everything you ever wanted to know about potatoes go to the Potatoes Goodness Unearthed site
- For information on Colorado Potato Seeds and Varieties
- For information on the US Potato Industry go to the US Potato Board site
- The National Potato Council is the advocate for the economic well-being of U.S. potato growers on federal legislative, regulatory, environmental, and trade issues.
- For more information on the San Luis Valley CSU Research Center’s Potato Program
- Get your potato stats and data at the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) site or Colorado’s Department of Agriculture (CDA)
- For more information on our foodservice partner, see The Colorado Chefs Association, a chapter of the American Culinary Federation,
- The United Potato Growers of America is a federated farmer cooperative focusing on improving grower sustainability through better understanding potato supply and demand.
- Research from Samuel Essah; Colorado Potato Cultivar Management 2017
If you still have questions about Colorado Potatoes, contact us and we’ll be happy to help!