Potato Facts and Figures
We’ve compiled a variety of useful resources to answer your questions about potato nutrition, potato varieties, growing practices and more. Explore the links below to become a full-fledged potato expert!
- If you’re looking for the latest on potato nutrition, go to USPB 2015 Potato Nutrition Handbook
- For information on Colorado water and sustainable growing practices, check this link Rio Grande Headwaters Magazine or Colorado Foundation For Water Education
- For current marketing rules and regulations, see the Colorado State Potato Marketing Order
- For everything you ever wanted to know about potatoes go to the Potatoes Goodness Unearthed site
- For information on Colorado Potato Seeds and Varieties
- For information on the US Potato Industry go to the US Potato Board site
- The National Potato Council is the advocate for the economic well-being of U.S. potato growers on federal legislative, regulatory, environmental, and trade issues.
- For more information on the San Luis Valley CSU Research Center’s Potato Program
- Get your potato stats and data at the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) site or Colorado’s Department of Agriculture (CDA)
- For more information on our foodservice partner, see The Colorado Chefs Association, a chapter of the American Culinary Federation,
- The United Potato Growers of America is a federated farmer cooperative focusing on improving grower sustainability through better understanding potato supply and demand.
If you still have questions about Colorado Potatoes, contact us and we’ll be happy to help!