Turkey-Potato Dinner Wraps Recipes in San Luis Valley, CO
This self-contained dinner wrap is full of vegetables and great flavor!
- 3/4 lb. (12 ounces) russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch diced
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 lb. (12 ounces) ground lean turkey
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning or basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large (9 to 10-inch) whole wheat or high fiber tortillas
- Light sour cream (optional)
- Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl; sprinkle with water.
- Cover, venting one corner.
- Microwave on HIGH 5 to 8 minutes just until potatoes are tender. (Time will depend on wattage of your oven.)
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add and break up turkey; cook 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Mix in carrot; cook 2 minutes. Add potatoes and onions; cook and toss 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; mix in tomato sauce, cheese, and herbs.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes until mixture is hot and most of sauce is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper. On work surface, lay out tortillas. Place 3/4 cup hot turkey mixture on each; fold and roll up as for burritos.
- Cut in halves and place on serving plates. Accompany with sour cream, if desired.